The digital production graphic designer has proven creative skills but also has extensive technology know-how. The production designer will be responsible for the design and development of accessible, responsive well-designed HTML email, landing pages, display advertisements and other digital assets for a wide range of marketing campaigns. The production designer is confident in his/her production capabilities, crafting pixel-perfect graphics, compliant HTML/CSS code and easily adopts new tools (PC-based or online) for the creation of stellar design assets.
• Designs and implements email templates and content blocks (in line with Aetna’s brand standards) utilizing and building on best practices for email design
• Works closely with business users in understanding the design needs and creating suitable templates
• Works closely with Aetna’s in house digital designers in maintaining and updating email template/design consistency across the board.
• Has the ability to troubleshoot HTML/CSS design issues using testing tools such as LITMUS
• Designs for A/B and multivariate tests on an ongoing basis
• Partners effectively with cross-functional teams to drive successful campaign execution—including reporting/analysis, brand/business leaders.
• Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvement and reducing execution complexity.
• Understands and applies best practices in building accessible email to WCAG 2.0 standards
• Understands and applies fundamentals of good layout design including typography, color and layout hierarchy for a good user experience for the end user
• Ability to build responsive HTML and CSS code for email while understanding core email constraints in regards to platforms and clients
• Experience in building email with a drag and drop email builder, particularly Exact Target (Sales Force Marketing Cloud)
• Adapts to new technology and loves to find and learn new tools to better develop assets
• Retouches photos
Skills and knowledge required
• Willingness to be flexible and respond to quickly changing priorities
• Balance between a creative and technically minded
• A quick learner when it comes to platforms, systems and new processes
• Works well with project managers, proofreaders, designers and writers
• Ability to research new tools and solutions for complex client challenges
• Solid handle on all Adobe Creative Cloud software for developing digital assets including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD and After Effects