- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Cassie Hunter
AQUENT is supporting a global professional hair care brand in their search for a Social Media Community Manager! This is a FT Freelance (long-term, ongoing position) based in NYC. The role is focused on Management and Moderation + a some analytics (insights reports, social performance analysis, etc). Content / planning may be integrated as noted below.
We are looking for a creative and smart community manager to drive conversation across social channels, with a strong focus on Instagram content strategy and editorial
planning. The purpose of the Instagram is to increase our following and drive engagement among hair professionals (stylists).
MANAGEMENT & MODERATION
• Respond to questions and comments across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube in order to foster a positive community and add value to the user’s experience
• Monitor comments and complaints in a quick and timely manner with the ability to spot warning signs / potential crises
• Proactive outreach to new users to grow our audience
• Schedule and post content across social channels
• Engage in social listening to identify trends and potential influencer partnerships
• Identify and manage sub-communities (brand advocates) within our follower base and foster relationships between sub-community members and the brand
• Help to organize offline engagement with sub-communities and influencers as needed
CONTENT STRATEGY/EDITORIAL PLANNING
• Find user generated content and combine with brand assets to curate a social media content library
• Select and plan all content for Instagram and Instagram Stories using an editorial calendar
• Collaborate with Content Director for approvals of the editorial calendar
• Engage with the Redken audience, asking for permissions and tips from the stylists for the images when appropriate
• Partner with the US team to keep calendars up to date, prioritizing market needs and making sure all requirements are met on global channels
• Collaborate with community managers from other countries to make sure launches, events and partnerships are supported on Redken's global channels and priorities are aligned.
• Analyze data on content performance to create insights and help inform future content strategy
• Proficiency in social media channels, specifically Instagram
• Must be fluent in Spanish
• A creative eye to curate a cohesive and engaging social platform
• 1-2 years of experience managing social communities or related experience
• Solid understanding of social media analytics or related analytical experience
• Proficiency in social media tools
• An analytical eye to extract trends from large data sets and translate trends into insights
• Enthusiastic attitude and flexibility to adapt to a rapidly changing marketplace
Working with AQUENT gives you access to some pretty cool things:
1. You're paid weekly with the option for direct deposit Subsidized Health/Vision/Dental (including term life and LTD) benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk). Learn more about our awesome benefits here: https://aquent.com/our-dna/healthcare
2. Access to Fidelity 401(k)
3. Access to the Flexible Spending Account Program (pre-tax payment toward commuter passes, etc.)
4. Talent Rewards Program (we pay cash for referrals!)
5. Aquent Support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations. We're also there to help you find new opportunities when you're finishing up your current role.
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.