Brand Design Manager, Packaging Design- CPG
Our Brand Design Managers (BDMs) manage the look and feel of our global brands and businesses. They
transform brand strategy into effective brand experiences and design solutions that meet marketing and
business objectives for US and Global Divisions.
GD&P is the creative, visionary team responsible for the global CPG global portfolio of products which are found
in 75% of every home in the world. We have over 20 brands in four categories – Home Care, Oral Care, Personal Care
and Pet Care. Our deliverables range from the emotional components of a brand (look, tone and feel, brand identity) to
the visual identity (product and package design, digital, video and photo production) for all of our brands.
To (one of two) Brand Design Director – Global Brand Design, within Global Design & Packaging (GD&P).
● Manage/Design the look and feel of our Global Brand portfolio
● Drive packaging excellence with internal and external partners (own the Design Brief and Project Plan process)
● Lead, design and deliver presentations.
● Manage project timelines and design budget effectively.
● Ensure seamless project transition from the design phase through production phase and responsible to assure
excellent execution – print quality (audit of printing vendor with procurement, print production feasibility meetings,
proofing pre-press, ink targets, color standards, conducting post production reviews).
● Manage resources (photographers, Illustrators, internal and external design and production partners).
● Effectively communicate creative strategy to influence design solutions.
● Champion Colgate-Palmolive’s design-integrated philosophy and brand equity standards.
Optimistic: You are positive and always look for the favorable side of a situation.
Curious: You have an intense desire to know, understand and grow.
Resilient: You adapt. You bounce back and stay calm in the face of crisis.
Courage: You not fearful in the face of stress, conflict or danger.You speak up and take smart risks.
Humility: You are modest in the estimate of your own importance.
Empathy: You value the feelings, thoughts and attitudes of others.
● Design College Degree.
● 6+ years professional experience in design, brand or related creative industry.
● Working knowledge of necessary software applications and platforms.
● Hands-on packaging design and brand management skills.
● Digital design experience very welcome.
● Deep understanding of the principles of great design systems (i.e., color theory; typography, shape language etc.)
● Able to effectively and calmly ‘juggle’ multiple assignments at one time.
● Great Communicator
● Storytelling. You must be persuasive, and have the ability to tell stories that influence people
● Energetic, enthusiastic and positive.
● Global Perspective. Curious about business.
● Planning/Priority Setting/Project Management.
● Manage ambiguity by adapting with agility to new demands and challenges.
● People focused.
● Great team player. Collaborative mindset.