We are hiring a Sr. Product Designer with our global e-retail client located in Carlsbad, CA Must have a Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years designing for multiple platforms experience, with 3+ years as a senior visual and interaction designer or equivalent practical experience.
- Looking for someone on more of the UX vs Visual- someone who has a research background to bring in insights to inform a user journey
- Some native app design experience is required- one designer will need to design out on all 3 platforms, responsive, app (iOS & Android)
- A Systems thinker- how bringing in one aspect affects another
- Someone who is comfortable with facilitation- can get everyone in a room and get product, analytics and research to brainstorm and collaborate in design sprints etc.
- Someone who has worked on projects with a lot of depth
- Already has a lot of visual folks for this person to partner on
Strong in UX
NICE TO HAVE:
- Comfortable with research and methodologies
- InVision, Zeplin
- Wants someone who is curious, passionate and comfortable in ambiguity- maybe they have done some of their own guerilla research
- Scrappy, good with ambiguity
MUST BE in Carlsbad ONSITE-
Come into office at least 4 days- preferably 5
Portfolio stand outs:
Case studies of how you’ve worked with cross-functional teams (ie. showing people in a room with sticky notes)
Depth of a feature built out that you worked on
Need to articulate how you use insights to inform your design
Join the team that’s changing the ecommerce landscape. Experience Design team is crafting user experiences for customers who shop from their desktops and mobile devices. Our product designers work hands on to deliver experiences through ideation, design exploration, prototyping, designing user flows and testing. It’s deeply rewarding to see our work come to life at one of the world’s largest ecommerce companies.
As a Sr. Product Designer, you’ll help our customers live better by improving their web and mobile experiences. You’ll apply your expertise in interactive design, visual design, and prototyping and tap into your empathetic brain to solve complex ecommerce challenges. You will liaise with partners in Product, Engineering and Analytics, and dedicate your team’s collective creativity to delivering experiences that delight our customers.
We seek passionate, customer-centric visual and interactive designers with experience working in cross-functional teams. You’ll provide product with recommendations and make design decisions with minimal guidance, and jump into your role to make an immediate impact.
What You'll Do
• Think conceptually – applying a user-centered approach to requirements and interdependencies – to develop engaging interfaces.
• Think visually – using techniques like storyboards and sketching – to communicate interaction design concepts.
• Make design decisions based on good judgement, experience, research, and data.
• Make a real impact at scale through new product launches and interface improvements that effect billions of our customers everyday
• Be part of a fun, humble team, always learning, collaborating with other designers to deliver a cohesive customer centered experience.
What You'll Need
• A strong product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve customer needs.
• Excellent grasp of the design thinking and prototyping process, including product/interaction/visual, with the know-how to move from pencil on paper to layout to pixel-perfect handoff using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
• Stellar interaction skills (track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows, dynamic engaging interfaces).
• Stellar visual skill (attention to detail, stay on brand, build new patterns).
• Deep understanding of design principals and industry trends.
• Expert communication and presentation skills with ability to clearly present your work; you are articulate and can advocate design rationale.
• Readily give and receive constructive feedback.
• Expert partnering with cross functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years designing for multiple platforms experience, with 3+ years as a senior visual and interaction designer or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working in and navigating a corporate environment independently.
• Delivered successful design for responsive web, iOS and Android.
• Experience building efficient scalable systems or in eCommerce.
• Bachelor’s in Design, User Experience (UX), Human Computer Interaction, Mass Communications or related field.