- Austin TX
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Sara El-Shami
As Senior UI Designer, you will take a lead design role from concept to launch. You will be both hands-on and strategic, creating visual systems and ensuring consistency across platforms. You will work closely with the Manager, to apply and develop the visual standards for digital platforms. The proven ability to balance multiple projects successfully and collaborate across disciplines is critical in a cross-functional environment. Work within a customer-focused culture conducive to great user-centered design work. The design challenges are complex and satisfying, and your designs will launch and reach a large, highly engaged audience.
- • Ability to create multiple visual design concepts from creative briefs or draft requirements. Interpret and translate wireframes into compelling experiences.
- • Apply and evolve the existing user interface guidelines on new projects, and continue to build the design language.
- • Work collaboratively with UX Team, product management, technology team, external creative agencies and other designers.
- • Prepare deliverables for development teams including redlines to ensure flawless on time execution.
- • Entrepreneurial spirit and proactive personality.
- • Stays abreast of innovations in graphic design, technology, and digital trends.
- • Willingness to collaborate in an Agile development environment
- • 6+ years of hands-on experience creating exceptional digital interfaces in an interactive agency or working directly for a nationally recognized consumer brand.
- • Experience interacting directly with clients and a track record for developing strong working relationships, eliciting client vision/direction, and presenting/selling creative concepts.
- • Degree in interactive, visual design, or graphic design (highly desired but not required).
- • A gifted eye for design and rigorous attention to details.
- • Ability to work within tight deadlines and shift gears quickly if requirements change.
- • Enthusiasm, creativity and a desire to work with an innovative team.
- • Have an online portfolio of beautifully designed work
- Expert hands-on knowledge of Adobe CS Sketch and Invision (knowledge of Axure is a plus)
- • Exceptional presentation skills and the ability to clearly and respectfully articulate design strategy and process.
- • Ability to be both hands-on and provide clear direction to others.
It’s not often that we get to say “yeah, but just listen to what they offer…” about our larger clients. Most people look at the awesome job description, then read “Financial Services Industry” and move on. We’ve heard it a thousand times! Know what else we’ve heard at this client just as much? “Wow! I’m so glad I took this job! This is not your father’s financial services company!”
Work here and experience:
- Opportunities to work with cutting-edge digital business strategies & projects
- Huge work-life balance culture
- Diversity-focused workplace
- Strong potential for temp-to-perm conversion (almost half of the people we've placed here have converted to a permanent position, either the one they're working in, or in a related department)
- Great Aquent community to work with onsite, including our bi-annual talent recognition program, which stems from the client managers’ own feedback (read: they’re engaged and interested in your future!)
- Don’t forget the massive points on your resume for being part of a cutting-edge team, leading the way in breathing fresh air into the financial services industry
With a customer experience focus in mind, our client is leading the way in the financial industry with their digital marketing & technology platforms. They recognize that today’s customers are technically savvy & independent as well as highly creative, and they’re working to be the best at serving them. We see this through how they are building platforms that allow customers to take ownership of their financial future, using video, animation, and social media to market to the end user. Their in-house digital agency has won numerous IHAF awards for their tools and cutting-edge technology. Working with this company, you would be working with groups and/or department such as an IHAF awarded digital agency, user experience, product development, communication strategy team and much more talented professionals like yourself. Come join us!