AQUENT is partnering with a Fortune 200 organization here in RVA on an User Experience Designer opportunity!
The Design Team is a diverse group of human-centered designers charged with disrupting how small business owners interact with their money, their bank, and their financial lives. The Team has the unique ability to address the comprehensive needs of our customer base, designing a financial servicing platform that is simple, relevant and delightful to all.
- A master crafts-person. You dream about color, typography, iconography and animation every day. You can’t stop yourself from critiquing everything, everywhere, all the time and wishing you had the time to redesign it all. You are proficient using tools like Sketch and Photoshop, and can efficiently use your skillset to develop new designs within existing and new visual systems and design languages.
- A systems thinker. As you translate user needs, style guides, and requirements into elegant solutions for complex problems, you’re not just thinking about the task at hand but about how your design choices scale and fit within larger established systems and patterns.
- Passionate. You are genuinely interested in designing beautiful experiences that impact people’s lives. You make it your business to know as much as you can about the people you are designing for and make design decisions based on their needs. You are also active within the design community, staying up-to-date on the latest design trends and techniques.
- Collaborative. You enjoy working on agile teams with other designers, product managers and engineers. You’re a team player who puts the interest of the team above your own. You will collaborate with business analysts, product managers, developers and design teams on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts. You display a positive attitude and are excited to share your ideas with the team as well as listen to those of others.
- Have a can-do attitude. You’re a pro-active team player who is eager and excited about producing awesome work. No task is too small or large for you. You are able to work alone or with partners to problem solve and develop clear action and execution plans for a task, informing your manager of progress appropriately.
- A successful juggler. You don’t get overwhelmed or flustered easily. You’re able to keep track of multi-projects at once, manage you time efficiently and appropriately and communicate scheduling with your manager and the broader team.
- A storyteller. You’re able to develop clear and persuasive stories about your work that you share with a wide range of audiences, including business partners and stakeholders. You’re able to present research findings and design concepts to designers and product partners.
- Detail Oriented. You impress your teammates with the ability to pick out small nuances that no one else seems to notice. You’re proud that your production files are always pixel perfect and you’ve thought through every permutation of your designs, making the development process smooth sailing.
- Flexible. You know that projects can adjust at the drop of a hat, you are adaptable and welcome change.
What you’ll bring:
- A portfolio which highlights strong understanding of design elements such as color, photography, iconography and animation. Your portfolio should also include project examples that showcase digital branding, UI elements and illustration.
- Understanding of interface and interaction patterns and best practices for various platforms, as well as experience working within a responsive design framework.
-Knowledge of human centered design and UX practices. Use a range of methodologies (like design research, service blueprinting, collaborative work session design and facilitation, rapid prototyping, and frameworking) to strategically define ideal experiences.
- Ability to plan, conduct and synthesize user research, and develop journey maps and user flows.
- Constantly bring stakeholders along the design journey, leveraging diverse perspectives and skillsets. In this role, you’ll use visual and verbal storytelling to share your discoveries, gather and integrate feedback, influence stakeholders, and create energy for an idea or an initiative.
- Experience working within established brand guidelines and style guide. Interest in helping govern digital guidelines and flex system where needed.
- Ability to work from low fidelity to high fidelity.
- Experience creating prototypes that showcase design concepts and interaction patterns.
- Knowledge of html and css, with the ability to work closely with engineers to implement designs.
- Ability to work collaboratively within cross-disciplinary teams, as well as ability to work independently.
- Ability to quickly deliver multiple, inventive ideas that are fresh and simple while solving complex customer and business needs. Confidence in sharing in-progress work with team mates.
- Ability to clearly communicate your design decisions with the team and craft elegant presentation and storytelling capabilities.
- Understanding of an agile/scrum development process.
- Research the latest technologies, best practices, and online trends to provide recommendations for the team.
- Proficiency with current design and collaboration tools (Adobe CC, Sketch, Invision, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience with user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design
- Master’s degree in a design related field
- 5+ years of experience with user interface (UI) design
- 5+ years of experience designing for omni-channel services
- Mobile design or mobile development experience
- 3+ years of experience with user experience research