- San Francisco, CA; Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Corey King
- Both San Francisco (primarily) and Mountain View.
- Team is currently sitting in both locations.
- Many lab sessions will be held in SFO.
We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes, and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, copywriters, and web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
As a Research Assistant, you'll have the opportunity to support our research activities in developing innovative, user-friendly, best-of-breed products. We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, and can work fairly independently. Will include some travel between San Francisco and Mountain View. Possible off-site studies may be required.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Preparing for and administering lab studies, user testing, questionnaires, and interviews
- Conducting desk research, like lit reviews and competitive analyses
- Analyzing and interpreting both qualitative and quantitative data, and creating and sharing findings/recommendation reports with stakeholders
- M.A./M.S. in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior with 1-3 years of experience OR undergrad with equivalent experience of 3-4 years in research.
- 1–3 years working in user research in a product development setting at a technology company
- Experience in user research methods, including lab studies and survey design, and able to articulate strengths and shortcomings, including when and how to apply them
- Some experience doing business research, such as competitive analysis, SWOT, and industry and market research
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and yet flexible to changing schedules and different projects
- Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: