We are seeking a Service Designer/UX to join our corporate community of professionals at our client, a Fortune 100 Energy Company in The Woodlands, TX.
Candidates with process optimization experience and any experience working with Financial software is an added plus.
Additional Skills Needed: Service Design, Systems Thinking, Design Thinking, Value Stream Mapping
Job Description (General Overview of the role):
• Participate in all aspects of user research and design to provide expertise and guidance in order to deliver superior application user experience to business partners for web, mobile web and mobile applications.
• Participate in all aspects of User Centered Design to provide expertise and guidance around the design, development, analysis and testing of mobile, web and desktop computer applications.
• They will be primarily responsible for designing, conducting, analyzing, and reporting on user-centered design research and usability testing, including identification of user needs and goals, task and workflow modeling, ethnography and persona development as well as rapid iterative usability testing, and more formal, in-depth testing
Basic Function: Analyst
Job Responsibilities (Day to Day Activities of the Role):
• Apply research to interactive design, consult on advanced understands of user centered design and user research methodologies and interaction design.
• Lead highly collaborative design workshops and requirements gathering sessions with business and technology partners
• Conduct usability research both online and in the field and provide recommendations for improvement.
• Perform user testing and analysis of internal applications
• Plan, conduct and synthesize generative and evaluative research using standard methodologies
• Work with the design team to assess and modify applications
• Work with project business representatives and team members to test business requirements using heuristic/qualitative methods.
• Organization & Analytical (huge volumes of data)
• Improvisation & Adaptability (handling pressure, changing priorities)
• Time management
• Visual Design
• High standards of quality
• Accepts criticism / feedback
• Professional (presenting themselves to senior managers)
• Quick & avid learner