- Playa Vista, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Corey King
As a Social Strategist and Community Manager on the Entertainment Social Marketing team, you’ll create and execute social and influencer programs to find and connect audiences with a product. Programs can range the gamut from daily editorial for our show and brand handles, to in-world stunts and more. No matter the project, you’ll use your excellent strategic and creative instincts to create best-in-class social that delight users and drive conversation. Having previously worked in the digital media industry, and with a deep knowledge about its evolving landscape, you will come in with a tool kit to immediately impact our business.
To be successful, you'll need to operate on the edge of culture and social media, thinking unconventionally, challenging internal and external norms and relentlessly considering how to earn cut-through for the brand in a noisy, crowded space. You’ll have an insatiable curiosity for all things pop culture -- from fashion and music to sports and Hollywood -- and an impeccable eye for detail, to navigate ambiguity and multiple stakeholders while letting nothing slip through the cracks. This role lies at the intersection of entertainment and technology – working with a mix of traditional and up-and-coming talent to tell groundbreaking stories at a global scale, on one of the most visited digital platforms in the world.
- Work with the xfn team to build and execute social and influencer strategies that ladder up to our marketing campaign’ objectives.
- Manage and collaborate with creative agency teams to bring our brand to life in bigger, tentpole campaign moments.
- Foster relationships with key audiences on social to deepen brand engagement, extend our reach across the web, and increase user sentiment
- Track the impact of social and influencer marketing activities for product activation, in collaboration with our team of social analysts.
- Be the driving force to ensure that our social is a compelling and must-follow account for our diverse audiences
- Stay abreast of, and capitalizing on, emerging social and industry trends as well as having a finger on the pulse of culture on the platform
- Curate daily editorial content and pitch social activations, showcasing the best of our brand and content creators. Includes searching for and discovering relevant content, writing copy, and collaborating with a designer to create posts.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years in marketing in social media with a demonstrated passion for entertainment
- Exceptional social writing skills, and strong editorial POV on what’s right for the company brand/voice.
- Experience managing social media communities
- Hyper-knowledgeable about Internet and pop culture, and an avid expert user of social media.
- Experience managing the day-to-day social presence of major consumer brand, developing content, and programming to bring its values and mission to life.
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends, and present key findings (both quantitative and qualitative skills) and then apply to future programs.
- Excellent project management and multitasking skills, working in a fast-paced environment.
- Deep understanding of the influencer landscape and experience working within influencer communities with a proven ability to build and grow these relationships.
- Proven knowledge of all the social platforms and how unique communities, influencers, and audiences are using them.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: