AQUENT is looking for a Security Analyst that is experienced in working within a multi-disciplinary environment to identify and analyze security gaps or threats. This individual will play an integral role in helping our clients ensure they are protected by working to provide services focused on assisting customers with securing their data as well as responding to and remediating threats. This person will also work closely with the senior security architect, product management, technology partners, channel partners, customers and internal technologists though direct and indirect reports.
Through this position, the individual will be expected to routinely exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives.
This role is onsite in North Houston, TX. Long term, 40 hours a week.
• Support/improve cyber security services and offerings through threat analysis and research as needed.
• Validate secure development practices through internal threat modeling and penetration testing for hardware platforms as well as applications
• Create detailed report of findings and recommendations after analysis is complete to present to key stakeholders
• Correlate data from intrusion detection and prevention systems with data from other sources such as firewall, web server, and DNS logs
• Stay up-to-date on current tools, techniques, and vulnerabilities
• Support the development and maintenance of documented play-book procedures, knowledge articles, and training material.
• Solid understanding of emerging technologies in IT such as a Cloud Platform, Internet of Things and Mobile BYOD as well as the associated security risks.
• Experience managing and/or performing penetration testing (through threat modeling, information gathering, vulnerability assessment, and active testing) for hardware platforms as well as applications.
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience of:
- Common attack techniques for web, mobile and services.
- Common application testing tools including, but not limited to Metasploit, Nessus, Nmap, Tcpdump, Wireshark and Burp Suite, SQL Map etc.
- Penetration testing in Agile and/or Extreme development environments
- Understanding of encryption technologies and common network protocols.
• Experience supporting a multi-OS environment (iOS, Chrome, Android, Windows 10, etc.)
• Strong analytic and problem-solving abilities
• Experience in cyber security analysis, incident response, or related experience
• Excellent written/oral communications skills
• Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and functional disciplines
• Comfortable working in a dynamic environment, balancing multiple incidents, special projects, and other activities
Education and Experience
• BA or BS in Technology related field (advanced university degree preferred)
• Experience in a Security Analyst, Security Engineer or Security Architect role
• 3-5 years relevant experience in the Information Security field
• 3-5 years of relevant software experience
• ITIL Certification preferred, strong understanding of ITIL tools, processes and terminology a plus