- San Francisco
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jessica Grenier
Senior Copywriter opportunity with a Fortune 500 Apparel brand in SF!
Seeking an experienced digital writer with a passion for empowering women and girls through fitness and protecting the planet we love. We work (and play) in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and we’re looking for someone to help us retool how we communicate with our customer and potential customers, with a focus on product copy (20-25 hours per week) as well as through digital and site marketing (10-15 hours/week).
What you’ll do:
• Write, edit and maintain all product descriptions and information for online product pages; in the process, improving our current approach and developing new standards
• Ensure all product page copy is consistent and free of typos and grammatical errors
• Collaborate with merchandising, product designers and marketing business partners to ensure information is accurate, current, compelling and consistent with our brand voice
• Ensure product information is legally compliant based on FTC and copyright requirements
• Participate in seasonal product naming
• Assist with seasonal marketing copy for the site—optimizing for desktop and mobile—drawing from strategic messaging established for our catalogs
• Assist in training new contract employees on tool management and stylistic guidelines
Who you are:
• A passionate writer with a minimum of 5 years’ digital copy writing experience in advertising, marketing or related field
• The bearer of a BA in English, journalism, communications and/or an amazing portfolio—your writing skills are more important than how you got them
• A digital whiz
• An adroit storyteller who can be persuasive in as few as 5 words
• An accomplished plate spinner who can prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
• A collaborator who knows a good idea when you see it, even if it’s not yours
• A whole person with a full life outside of work
Our Client is an Fortune 500 Apparel Retailer that has grown from a single store to a global business throughout its 46 year run!
Talent placed here are given the autonomy to be hands-on decision makers from day one. The company's leadership assumes a supportive role and applies a collaborative management style, offering the guidance and insight to help transform your suggestions into strategies.
This is an environment where co-workers are constantly challenging each other to learn and grow in their roles every day, which energizes the office, and creates forward motion, both on a personal level, and as a company. They’re experimenting with their digital reach, using tech as a catalyst for industry change - both online and in stores. With such robust focus and investment on innovation, employees have the opportunity to directly contribute to the changing landscape of the retail world!
The company culture here is one of relaxed, inclusive community with an ever-present focus on learning and development - both for the individual team member as well as the projects and initiatives that are driving the company forward. And, with tons of cool volunteering opportunities and initiatives, employees have the chance to become influential community leaders as they work for positive change.