Aquent's established yet innovative e-commerce client, located downtown Chicago/loop is looking for a User Experience Designer / Information Architect to work a 2 year contract.
The User Experience Designer / Information Architect will be responsible for developing web, mobile and cross channel user experience designs through individual contribution and participation in teams. Activities and Deliverables include heuristic reviews, site maps, user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, design specifications, experience design briefs, etc. The User Experience Designer will work with the User Experience group leadership, and on teams with delivery and program/project managers, internal business stakeholders, creative teams and developers.
The role is for a mid-level UX designer to support the large complex section related to Health on the company website.
Experience in transactional ecommerce is required in a portfolio and work samples must include click through interactive prototypes.
Portfolios submitted without click through prototypes will automatically be disqualified.
- Wire framing / prototyping / solutioning approximately 75% of the work
- Collaboration with product team and other stakeholders approximately 25%
- Collaboration with Mobile App UX team to align .com and in-app experiences is also part of this role
Note, this Company's User Experience practice is a core discipline of the Digital & Marketing division. They are a passionate, energetic, and committed team of designers, researchers, and experience architects tasked with shaping the evolving landscape of digital solutions supporting our brand alignment with business goals and customer needs. This role is critical in the requirements definition, analysis and solution design of both customer and employee-facing digital solutions across desktop browsers, mobile devices and in-store digital interactions.
• Drives customer advocacy by showing empathy for our customers and users of our software solutions, their needs and goals.
• Defines user requirements in response to business goals working with product management and technology partners.
• Actively participates in a cross-functional agile teams; representing User Experience alongside research, visual design, copywriting, product management, development and QA. Shares delivery accountability with agile teams.
• Creates prototypes, process flows, wireframes, and design specifications. Works with Business Analysts in the development of use cases required to document business rules and expected online customer behaviors.
• Participates in and analyzes user research and usability test results. Seeks out consumer data and web analytics when developing experience solutions.
• Participates in project reviews; collaborates with the User Experience group in the development of, promotion of, and compliance to, experience design standards.