This role will focus on configuration management, including data and process management strategies for the continuity of our business. Configuration management consists of the development and execution of the product Bill of Material (BOM) structure and strategies, including configuration rules which support numerous order management, supply chain, and service organizations.
• Create & maintain all new product Bill of Material (BOM) building blocks for assigned platforms.
• Create & maintain lower level BOM structures subassemblies for Configuration Managers and/or work with other teams to obtain the subassemblies under their control.
• Define creation of configuration rules that are required to create shippable products (SKUs and CTO orders)
• Ensure the accurate & timely communication of BOM data elements to all impacted internal and external partner organizations.
• Monitor program timelines and milestones to ensure that Product Data Management (PDM) dates are met by all teams on a program.
• Create and Maintain PDM files for program information and communication and transmission of same to user groups and partners
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
• Knowledge of creating and maintaining Bills of Material is a must.
• Excellent analytical skills to include Microsoft Excel and SAP/GPG
o Includes the ability to convert large amounts of data into meaningful information
• Knowledge of Agile a plus, but not mandatory
• Experience desired in supply chain process and interactions with planning functions
• Ability to communicate and influence on a broad scale
• Ability to communicate with multiple levels of management
• Ability to exercise independent judgment with little guidance
• Ability to have a positive impact on peers outside the candidate's immediate span of control
• Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
• Adaptability to change and support "ever changing" business requirements
• Positive mental attitude that will enable positive management of change where needed
• Ability to effectively communicate through authentic conversation and effective listening
• Ability to apply subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues