- Open to remote - East Coast hours - client is in Hartford, CT
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Blythe Churchill-Joell
We are looking for a capable change agent that thrives on driving teams to reach new levels of performance and collaboration. This Project Management consultant role will work alongside our client’s Marketing Innovation Center of Excellence to support the increased demand for their services throughout a large, matrix organization.
The Project Manager will bring a fun and energetic personality with a “make it happen” attitude that will effectively meet project demands by working closely with the Innovation Design Leads to conduct and manage the backlog of projects. This team takes new ideas generated from the needs of consumers, clients and providers and finds ways to try them out within the company. These projects include the discovery and testing that drives the creation and improvement of healthcare solutions that provide value to the people who use them.
If you are results-driven, customer-focused and analytically oriented we want you to join our team.
- Provide expert content/project support on complex Design Thinking/Innovation assignments/projects. Align strategic priorities, goals and objectives with efficient project execution
- Incorporate Design Thinking principles to ensure the customer’s needs are addressed in the final product
- Coordinate and implement projects with responsibilities that include project management, workshop/event management and stakeholder communications.
- Work within the innovation process to define and scope innovation projects, craft project plans, and manage projects from original idea through proof of concept, within targeted budget and timeline parameters.
- Exercise creativity, foresight, and judgment in conceiving, planning, and delivering initiatives in collaboration with a Lead Designer, who oversees a range of discovery programs specifically crafted to help the organization gain a deeper understanding of stakeholders and consumers in the complex eco-system of healthcare.
- Manage all project tracking including calendars and key milestones, and work to identify issues and drive resolution ensuring the projects move forward efficiently as planned. Project management and the ability to influence the team, combined with an ability to challenge and re-think the future, is critical.
- Use professional knowledge and organizational skills to ensure successful completion of Design Thinking projects that facilitate the translation of knowledge into powerful insights that lead to new solutions and growth strategies.
- Able to quickly understand different business segments and customer/stakeholder groups, while maintaining a larger enterprise focus. This involves partnering across many parts of the company to support the team’s work to bring the lives, perspectives and needs of the people who interact with the Innovation Team to the foreground. Ultimately, these projects shape how they will develop and refine health care solutions between all who interact within –primarily payers, providers and patients – in ways that provide new value in new ways.
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
Desired Candidates will bring:
- 5+ years of experience in project management, marketing and product innovation.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work through others even when they do not report directly into you.
- High tolerance for ambiguity, yet can breakdown and plan work for the purposes of resource allocation and costing, even when information is still vague or imperfect.
- Ability to communicate well and often with team members and management, making sure to highlight any issues or problems as they arise.
- High attention to detail, and ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time with a focus on the big picture.
- Proactive approach - takes initiative, drives for clarity, results-oriented, relentless and accountable
- Experience leveraging problem solving and influencing skills to ensure projects deliver on intent
- Demonstrated success creating and managing product design, development and/or innovation projects
- Awareness of consumer trends, competition, and processes for evaluating ROI
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, Excel, Sharepoint
- Strong communication, presentation, collaboration, reporting and budgeting skills.
- Design thinking/human centered design experience and/or large group facilitation a plus
- Familiarity with the Healthcare Industry is a plus
- Bachelor's degree required
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to starting.