- Boston (MA), Woonsocket (RI) OR Northbrook (IL) offices.
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lauren Rosner
Aquent's Fortune 25 client is looking for a UX Writer, based in their Woonsocket (RI), Boston (MA) OR Northbrook (IL) offices.
- This role will be roughly 25% strategy/ 75% writing/output (deliverables may include: copy deck, content audit/analysis, screen reader copy, UX user stories, with potential for journey mapping, research scripts and readouts, style guide entries).
- Leverage best practices, user feedback and research, brand direction and accessibility standards research to develop intelligent, interactive messaging and content.
- Assess content needs and deliver screen copy, accessibility text, emails, SMS and other copy on a project basis. Ensure that all content meets brand and accessibility standards. Partner with product managers in obtaining legal and compliance approval as needed.
- Participate in story grooming and pointing, sprint planning and retrospectives to ensure features are user-centered and team allots sufficient time for UX work.
- Help to enhance style guide and participate in content governance activities across the enterprise to ensure a consistent customer experience and messaging across channels and business units.
- Plan for content implementation and associated technical requirements, such as variable content, content management and incorporating data elements.
- Collaborate with other XDO team members and business partners to test and optimize user experience and content.
- Work across 4-5 different projects within the Shared Service/Digital team, so will need to have the ability to present oneself and work in a shared environment (UX lead who is generally 100% dedicated to the project; a visual designer or designers (depends on nature of project and level of design work); FED, accessibility team; product manager, IT, QA.)
- In this role, you will need to negotiate their time/work commitment with the team - so someone who has experience and can speak with conviction regarding time and deadlines is key.
- MUST have a portfolio highlighting onboarding samples (i.e., getting a customer/patient to register, get them on the site or tool), emails, SMS, presenting benefits with brand voice. Portfolio should include items such as a copy deck, content audit/analysis, screen reader copy, UX user stories, with potential for journey mapping, research scripts and readouts, style guide entries. Nice to have experience could be Google voice work, kiosks.
- This position is not just website and apps writing. However, apps and mobile is important to have.
- Experience with Mobile-first with onboarding experience (like onboarding someone into an app i.e., registration)
- Experience with short-form copy like email and SMS
- Agile experience is huge plus; SAFe (scaled agile framework)
- Nice to have: Sketch and InVision
- Experience: 3-5 years; preferred 5-8 years in UX writing, with experience working with cross-functional teams (IT, Product, Research, etc).
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with mobile micro copy and transactional messaging such as emails, text messages and push notifications.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with content management system tools such as Adobe Experience Manager, ATG, Nuxeo, Joomla or other
- Nice to have skills: Sketch or InVision, exposure to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) accessibility and writing for grade level and other regulatory constraints as well as experience with agile and lean software development practices is highly preferred.
This client is a fantastic consideration for those who want to combine working with a large retail brand and a true “do-good”, customer-centric focus. Most people we’ve placed here say the company’s loyalty to and personalization within the healthcare services industry is a standout characteristic. Their approach to this way of thinking about their business and the industry is having a direct impact on the size of the teams, and we’re seeing massive growth. What a time to get involved!
Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health
Our client has recently made a move toward a major merger, which means this is a great time to get involved! Two big industry brands coming together.
Working here gets you into a fast-paced environment, with tons of cross-functional working relationships. You’d have exposure to a number of teams related to any project you’re working on, and we sometimes see freelancers convert to permanent employees on teams they’ve had the opportunity to interact with. This is definitely a standout opportunity!