Our Pharmaceutical client in North Chicago is looking for new talent to join their Creative Team within BSG (Business Services Group). This team oversees the creative services for Corporate (HR/Finance/Public Affairs), R&D, and Commerical (Meeting & Events). The ideal candidate has a sense of humor, is passionate about their job, and is an active learner.
The Art Director conceives, develops and implements internal and external communication campaigns, promotional programs and meeting/event deliverables that support business objectives, as well as project work for our client's teams, across the entire enterprise. Works independently and/or collaboratively with fellow design staff, including Creative Directors, fellow Designers or directing Junior/Production staff or vendor partners. Contributes to the development and clarification of project scope, timeline and budget, and shares accountability with Account Teams in delivering against project requirements and client expectations, proactively course-correcting when necessary.
• Understands and adheres to the Code of Business Conduct (CBC) and all other applicable internal policies and procedures.
• Utilizes creative functional knowledge to facilitate project development.
• Maintains awareness of current design trends, new techniques and technology in photography, typography, illustration, design, animation/motion graphics and video, including both print and digital media.
• Understands and interprets Brand Standards and Guidelines, including the Corporate Brand, as well as individual product brands, as required.
Skills and Development:
• Strategically prioritizes and multitasks to enhance productivity, managing complex workloads to expedite timelines. Communicates priorities to all appropriate functional groups and individuals. Reprioritizes projects and tasks within a highly dynamic work environment.
• Effectively reasons through problems and situations while thinking through decision implications. Thoroughly investigates questions, issues and problems as they arise. Considering alternative and creative ways of viewing situations and solving problems design-related or not.
Project Initiation and Discovery:
• Assures that all projects adhere to department workflow standards while meeting client objectives.
• Analyzes messages and determines how content should be best designed, physical or digital forms it should take, and what type, colors, grid, paper quality, etc. will help best achieve the overall goal.
Creative Execution and Implementation:
• Develops creative concepts and strategies that support business and communication objectives. Executes design and production processes based on project specifications.
• Implements appropriate internal and external approval processes.
• Consistently communicates timely and accurate information as project progresses, meets deadlines and executes quality standards.
• Proactively utilizes quality control processes, always leveraging best practices for greater efficiency. Provides innovative solutions that result in process improvement.
• Works directly with meeting and events team, account teams, project management, writers and creative directors to develop creative objectives, presenting concepts to clients.
• Anticipates clients’ needs and proactively provides expertise and innovative solutions to meet them.
• Must track time on a daily basis and meet established utilization numbers for this function.