Our Pharmacuetical client in North Chicago is looking for new talent to join their Creative Team within BSG (Business Services Group). This team oversees the creative services for Corporate (HR/Finance/Public Affairs), R&D, and Commerical (Meeting & Events). The ideal candidate has a sense of humor, is passionate about their job, and is an active learner.
The Senior Writer develops and implements internal and external communication plans, campaigns, promotional programs and meeting/event deliverables that support business objectives, as well as project work for teams, across the entire enterprise. Works collaboratively with fellow creative staff, including Creative Directors, Designers, Production staff and external vendor partners. Contributes to the development and clarification of project scope, timeline and budget, and shares accountability with Account Teams in delivering against project requirements and client expectations, proactively course-correcting when necessary.
Project Initiation and Discovery:
• Analyzes messages, assesses any existing or historical content/documents and determines how messaging would be best communicated, what physical or digital forms it should take, what writing standards must be adhered to and what tone of voice will help best achieve the overall goal.
Creative Execution and Implementation:
• Develops and executes creative and medically/scientifically accurate content for project deliverables and tactics that support business and communication objectives.
• Executes communication plans/strategies, content audits/outlines, scripts, taglines, copy and edits based on project specifications.
• Implements appropriate internal and external approval processes.
• Consistently communicates timely and accurate information as project progresses, meets deadlines and executes quality standards.
• Proactively utilizes quality control processes, including proofreading, always leveraging best practices for greater efficiency. Provides innovative solutions that result in process improvement.
• Works directly with meeting and events team, account teams, project management, creative directors, fellow writers and proofreaders to deliver against creative objectives/themes across a variety of print and electronic deliverables.
• Anticipates project needs and proactively provides expertise and innovative solutions to meet them.
• Must track time on a daily basis and meet established utilization numbers for this function.