Our Pharmacuetical client in North Chicago is looking for new talent to join their Creative Team. This team oversees the creative services for Corporate (HR/Finance/Public Affairs), R&D, and Commerical (Meeting & Events). The ideal candidate has a sense of humor, is passionate about their job, and is an active learner.
The Presentation Designer will design and develop print and electronic deliverables for internal and external communications, promotional programs and meetings/events that support business objectives for our client's teams, across the entire enterprise. Works collaboratively with fellow design staff, including Creative Directors, fellow Designers, Production staff and external vendor partners. Contributes to the development and clarification of project scope, timeline and budget, and shares accountability with Account Teams in delivering against project requirements and client expectations, proactively course-correcting when necessary.
- Strong technical knowledge of creative software, including but not limited to Adobe Creative Cloud. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook a plus.
- Specific areas of focus or expertise may include, print/packaging design, interactive design and problem-solving (HTML5, Java, etc.), photography/compositing, 2D or 3D illustration/rendering, animation/motion graphics and/or video editing.
- Must possess sufficient creative talents, understanding and technical skills of presentation media (PPT, Keynote, etc.) and creative design to determine the best method to portray the theme and content.
- Should have good working knowledge of brand identity, editorial design, information graphics and data visualization, typography, packaging design, convention graphics and signage, print production, web/digital interface and interactive design.
- Must have design thinking skills as well as a good sense of appropriate design for audiences.
- Must be able to develop designs that will break through the clutter and communicate the key message(s) aligned to the client objectives.
- Must ensure that design enhances and helps clearly communicate messages.
- Must have enough design expertise to expand upon creative concepts that strongly support project objectives, tone and positioning.
- Must work well under pressure, exercising good judgment as well as good interpersonal skills. Must be able to interpret and articulate ideas to colleagues in creative meetings and presentations.
- Must have a good grasp of project time requirements to be able to meet deadlines, client expectations and avoid over-commitment.
- Must be able to work collaboratively within a team and seek clarity amid ambiguity.
Education: BA/BS required in graphic design and/or communications.
Minimum Experience: 3-5 years of graphic design experience within an advertising agency or in-house corporate graphics department and/or freelance business, with experience in presentation/interactive design.