- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lucas Manzaneres
The UX Research Assistant will work closely with research, design, and product management to plan and execute both quantitative and qualitative studies, and ensure UX insights are incorporated into product design. You will be part of a close-knit and dedicated cross-functional team. In addition to conducting research, you will participate in brainstorming, design reviews, and other collaborative sessions for product feature planning or prioritization.
- Work closely with UX researchers, designers, and product managers to understand needs for research and develop detailed research plans.
- Independently plan and conduct usability studies.
- Analyze findings, create reports, and present to stakeholders.
- Conduct survey research, e.g., to measure user satisfaction.
- Conduct literature reviews and synthesize research findings from different sources to influence stakeholders and product decisions.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Independently plan and conduct in person or remote usability studies.
- Analyze study findings, create reports and present to stakeholders.
- Assist senior researchers on larger projects (e.g. recruitment, data analysis, etc)
- BA/BS, Master’s (preferred) in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), cognitive/experimental psychology, information science, anthropology, or other fields emphasizing human behavior
- Proven background in research methodology and analytical skills (min 1-2 years of relevant working experience).
- Open to PhD with little or less work experience.
- Proficiency with several user research methodologies (quantitative and/or qualitative)
- Strong ability to draw recommendations from research insights
- Able to conduct heuristic evaluations and plan, conduct, and analyze results from usability tests
- 3-5 years of experience as a researcher in applied industry
- Able to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Able to create and analyze data from surveys
- Able to tactfully gather and prioritize requests from multiple teams.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: