Aquent's exciting, established and growing e-commerce client in Reston, VA is looking for a UX Designer. (MOBILE/app + some desktop)
This is a contract opportunity slated for 6 months with very strong potential to extend or more.
Are you a UX Designer ready to show off your design skills to a larger audience? Imagine designing a product that will be used by associates and customers across the globe.
This client designs crucial enterprise applications for 2+ million associates globally, and we are looking for a UX Designer to join their team.
We need your User Experience and User Interface (UX/UI) expertise to design apps for a diverse set of employees, from merchants and pharmacists to truck drivers and store employees stocking shelves.
You will help the design team to empathize with our associates. The right designer will be able to make an impact on our enterprise applications at scale through new product launches and incremental product improvements.
What you'll do
-- Think visually --
• Translate concepts into customer flows, journey maps, and wireframes
• Design and deliver wireframes, mockups, and prototypes for multiple devices and interfaces
• Design for big data and find solutions that to improve the daily lives of our associates
• Participate in design critiques by presenting your work, capturing feedback, and giving constructive feedback on your peer’s work
• Work within WM established design guidelines and collaborate with team members to ensure consistency across designs
• Provide mentorship to less experienced designers
• Understand technical limitations
• Produce handoff ready work for tech team, including producing redlines and capturing assets
• Work with tech team to ensure designs are being implemented correctly and give feedback
• Prepare and present work to team, partners, and leadership
-- Think conceptually --
• Apply a user-centered approach to requirements and interdependencies to develop engaging interfaces
• Meet with key business and tech partners to collect requirement
• Collaborate and brainstorm with team to understand, identify, and take on complex business requirements and user needs
-- Think empathetically --
• Conduct user research and facilitate interviews and testing to find end user’s issues and needs
• Analyze and interpret your research to inform your designs
-- Looking for someone who --
• Is excited to be part of a fun and close-knit team, always learning and collaborating with other designers to deliver a cohesive associate centered experience
• Is an excellent teammate
• Has a sense of humor
• Enjoys coffee / breakfast hangouts and team outings
• Wants to be involved in design community within and outside of the company
• Is passionate and creative in UX, Technology, Web Habits, etc.