Large Media and Entertainment client in Burbank, CA is seeking a Digital Marketing Specialist to join their team. This is a temporary role slated to go through the end of the year and could extend.
A dedicated, dynamic digital marketing specialist with a passion for social media and a strong understanding of the digital media landscape is needed, This is a fast-paced, multi-faceted position that requires creativity, improvisation, organization and communication at a very high level. This position may require some non-traditional working hours (early morning/weekends), light travel and on field level work at events & junkets.
The position will support the Senior Manager and Manager across all titles on the development and execution of comprehensive digital campaigns.
Campaign Strategy, Planning, and Insights
- Work closely with Manager, Digital Marketing to gather all necessary background information and guardrails to incorporate into the Digital Marketing Strategy Brief
- Create and maintain Digital Marketing Content Calendar, updating as campaign elements shift and adding new information as it becomes available
- Assist Manager, Digital Marketing with concept ideation and development of digital marketing tactics/ideas to build more robust and compelling campaigns for multiple brands
- Monitor and report on social KPIs each week
- Continuously monitor new developments in digital marketing/social media and proactively share information with the Digital Marketing team Campaign Management
- Serve as day-to-day production contact for social content, email, advertising creative, and website content (including QA and updates).
- Write social media copy, post all content across official handles (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.), and create Facebook paid ads.
- Manage day-to-day social Editorial Calendar and make recommendations regarding relevant changes that may apply to scheduling and tone of page
- Assist with the creation of social content at on-site events with talent, including Facebook Live events, Live Twitter Q&As, and general coverage for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social platforms
- Assist in vetting and selection of social media influencers
- Serve as day-to-day point person for projects with other Digital teams
- Assist Manager with Campaign Wrap Reports (gathering baseline information and data)
- Serve as main point of contact for Canadian product marketing partners
- Secure deployment dates and audience lists for marketing emails
- Review campaign wrap reports and apply learnings to optimize new campaigns
- Experience with a large studio (e.g. 21 CF, WB, Hulu, etc). This is essential.
- Hands-on experience creating/executing successful multi-platform digitalmarketing/media campaigns
- Strong working knowledge of social media, digital ad inventory and mobile behaviors/opportunities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to manage multiple outside creative agencies and provide clear, concise creative feedback and guidance
- Understanding of paid digital media and familiar with spec sheets, DoubleClick and other rich media platforms
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative copywriting experience and visual design skills a plus
- Ability to be proactive and resourceful
- Proficient in Outlook, Keynote, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite highly desirable
- Experience working within the entertainment industry and international markets highly desirable
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree plus relevant internship experience
- Strong experience managing multiple creative agencies with top tier clients. The candidate should have a creative eye and be very detailed oriented. (this is extremely important!!)
- Would prefer someone from another studio or creative agency
- Copywriting skills (needs to be able to write and look over post copy for social posts)
- Has an understanding of the different types of content and specs across all of the social platforms from an organic and paid perspective
- Heavy project management skills, someone that is nimble and able to work in a very fast pace environment
- Would prefer candidates who have not job hopped around a lot and have been in roles for a decent amount of time
- Looking for candidates with at least 3-4 years of direct experience
- Someone that is articulate and passionate about the industry