- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lucas Manzaneres
As a Designer, you will work closely with engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the product cycle. You are a critical thinker with a good design sense, a strong technical background, and an eye for making things better. Interaction Designers work on projects that have an impact on the web experience of millions of users. Help to define the user model and user interface for new and existing products and feature. Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas. Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change.
- PORTFOLIO is REQUIRED with submittal
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in design
- Experience designing and shipping software design experiences.
- Experience collaborating with Product Management and Engineering counterparts and experience working with collaborators
- Experience taking a collaborative approach to design; track record of co-creating with other designers, Eng, PMs Experience partnering on strategic direction and decisions with Product Management and Engineering Effective working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, prioritize, and execute work
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Experience creating and maintaining a design system, framework, and/or pattern library
- Strong understanding of strengths and weaknesses of different research methods, including when to apply them.
- Comfort and agility conducting research at varying levels of rigor (e.g. comprehensive studies and lightweight, scrappy methods.)
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: