- Culver City, CA
- Job Terms:
- up to $60/hr DOE
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Emily Peel
The Resource Manager is a key role within the Creative Services and Operations team under the Marketing Department. This team is the internal agency responsible for marketing creative across the suite of products. This role will serve as a partner to each functional lead to manage staffing and suitable resources across projects, balance workloads and resolve resource conflicts across a large group of creatives, studio resources, producers, and production staff. We're a team that is passionate about making the complex digestible. We are seeking a curious and dynamic leader who loves people and process.
- You have 8+ years relevant experience in a resource or project management role within a creative or marketing organization.
- You have 3+ years directly as a resource manager or serving in a resource management function
- As part of this role, you’ve utilized a project resourcing system and have evangelized use of it with your business partners.
- You have solid knowledge of digital processes and the creative process - particularly in areas such as design, conceptual advertising, and interactive.
- You feel comfortable working in a dynamic and fluid environment and are able to understand complex project requirements, understand briefs, and recognize potential risks and dependencies relevant to resourcing.
- You are a curious, flexible problem-solver. You are also fair, kind, collaborative and a trusted confident of confidential and sensitive information.
- You possess extraordinary communication and social skills. The role requires a high level of patience, diplomacy and fortitude and a strong voice in a fast-moving environment.
- You have a dream to work in a creative, dynamic, and challenging work environment.
- Build strong rapport with members of the department you support, in addition to partnering with functional and operations leadership and/or key vendor contacts.
- Host weekly check-ins with key stakeholders to ensure efficient assignment of all projects, identify excessive or under-utilization of talent, and solve any potential resource gap areas.
- Identify skills-to-career aspiration matches of individual contributors to the appropriate projects.
- You’re an expert at balancing workload across internal teams, freelancers and agency/vendor partners.
- Support your partners with quarterly and fiscal year planning by forecasting future hiring and freelance needs based on provided roadmaps.
- Mediate resource sharing issues with functional leads and the Director, Resource Management.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Creative Ops team on freelance needs when external resources are needed.
- Ensure the successful on-boarding/off-boarding of all employees (FTE, vendors and freelancers).
- Shape resource management tools, systems and templates- constantly striving to improve processes and workflow standardization.
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are singlehandedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
Here are some more things you can expect:
- Walking distance to downtown Culver City
- Walking distance to Culver City Expo Station
- Near Culver City Stairs for some lunchtime/after work exercise!
- Free gated parking AND free valet parking if desired
- Onsite barista and cafeteria
- Free snacks and beverages onsite
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)