We are working with a game studio behind a beloved world-famous title in Redmond, WA, and we need a talented and passionate Software Engineer to join the team. This studio inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and fosters a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world.
• Develops elegant designs and tests that identify and eradicate feature area problems and align to multiple-release product or service plans and feature area architecture.
• Helps the team produce simple, extensible, and maintainable code with very few defects. Finds and fixes classes of defects.
• Ensures consistent, usable, forward-looking, maintainable test infrastructure, draws from a large base of design patterns.
• Helps the team produce simple, extensible, and maintainable code with very few defects and contributes to effective test plans.
• Uses technical knowledge of the product or service design and code to identify risks and prevent classes of bugs.
• Helps overcome obstacles by resolving issues.
• Engages and maintains consistent communication with all relevant parties until issues are resolved.
• 2+ years of C++ software engineering experience
• Experience with other parts of game development such as rendering, networking, memory management, etc.
• Excellent debugging and optimization skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to quickly prototype and iterate
• Eye for detail, and a hunger for excellence
• Self-directed and takes initiative to drive progress