We're looking Copyrwriter for our Aquent Studios team. You'll be writing for 2 global retail accounts and reporting to the Managing Director in Aquent Studios, You'll be tasked with writing concise communications and copy for retail signage and collateral pieces such as [brochures, publications, direct mail and advertisements] that clearly communicate both the client brand, and other specific client’s business needs (as defined by client creative request and brands and style guides standards).
• Monitor appropriate messaging of text to meet brand and product requirements.
• Manage style guides and brand identity management tools for integration of client brands across all marketing media (signing, ads, collateral, direct mail, web, etc.)
• Establish copywriter standard operating procedures to ensure consistency in approach
• Utilize workflow process and technology (both client and Aquents) to ensure successful transition and quality delivery of workflow processes and technology on an ongoing basis.
• Communicate obstacles, and improvement opportunities within workflow processes.
• Deliver service that meets or exceeds expectations, concerns, and priorities.
• Improve own performance/knowledge base to exceed standards.
• Contribute to efforts to improve work processes.
• Utilize appropriate resources (i.e. technology and training) to ensure quality.
• Work successfully with team of designers, other copywriters and communications for client brands.
• Collaborate with the entire creative services team to offer content solutions that increase ROI on creative (i.e. increase market differentiation, increase speed to market, etc.)
• Participate in formal performance reviews, ensure professional development and set new objectives annually.
• Use client workflow technology in the creative environment to track workflow metrics.
• Proficient in requisite desktop applications (Word, InDesign, Acrobat) in order to develop copy and content to be utilized in concepts and design deliverables
• BA in Communications, Advertising, related field or 7 years equivalent working experience.
• Minimum 3 years experience in retail advertising, mail, and/or marketing communications industry required.
• Minimum 5 years experience in copywriting role, managing complex projects from creative brief to production..
• Significant knowledge of marketing and design principles and industry current affairs.
• Significant experience developing copy according to brand style guidelines.
• Resourceful and efficient approach to research and fact-finding.
• Has excelled in a corporate Creative Services or Marketing Communication matrix environment.
• Communicates easily and effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Portfolio contains samples of content for direct mail, brochures, ads, newsletters, posters (and other large format deliverables) and complex marketing campaign suites—including multiple versioning.
• Portfolio contains samples of deliverables written according to brand style guidelines on language and tone.
• Demonstrated creativity and impact of messaging and copy writing.
• Evidence of creative concepting and/or pitches of multiple ideas and options that are on strategy.
• Excellent command of the English language including use of metaphors, spelling, grammar, syntax, etc