We are in need of a fulltime senior graphic designer for the next 3–6 months, probably beginning Monday, July 29. This individual will work up to 40 hours/week, coming and going from our Pasadena location as needed, to execute concept–delivery of print publication work in collaboration with our in-house design staff. We are looking for an experienced person who can take a print/design job from start to finish without a lot of “hand-holding.”
Strictly a Mac/Adobe shop, candidates to be similarly proficient in terms of both hardware and software.
This individual, under direction of the resident senior graphic designer, will take responsibility for the design of all editorial content for both print and digital versions of print publications. They will work with in-house editors/designers to ensure that all visual design is consistent with brand identity; they will coordinate with internal customers/organizations and external services to ensure deadlines are met.
The ideal candidate will have excellent design skills and a keen eye for detail; good communication and organizational skills; advanced working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; experience in print and digital design; thorough knowledge of pre-press processes and print production; the ability to multitask and work well under pressure; possess a positive attitude; and work well with a small and nimble team.
• Proven 5+ years work experience as a senior graphic designer (Graphic Designer)
• Portfolio of completed design projects, preferably online
• Hands-on experience with image editing software, Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator
• Excellent photo compositing, photo editing, and illustration skills
• Proficient with InDesign
• Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, type, and layouts
• Strong typography skills
• Attention to visual details
• Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team
• Ability to execute high-quality design within limited time and budget constraints
• BA or BS degree in Design
• Bilingual (Spanish) preferred but not required