We have an exciting Art Director opportunity supporting a client which is the leading global retailer. This is a 6 month contract position.
The Art Director will be responsible for developing creative concepts and integrated campaigns across multiple channels (site, app, CRM and social). We are looking for someone to bring innovation in design and outstanding visual communication. You will work closely with the Creative Director and will direct in-house and contract designers and writers. You'll be working onsite at our LA office.
• Art directs multiple projects at a time, ensuring they are on brand and meet the creative brief objectives
• Leads designers and copywriters in inspirational brainstorm sessions and helps to push creative concepts that work across multiple channels
• Helps facilitate workflow and capacity of team
• Partners closely with cross-functional team members, presents ideas, articulates rationale and facilitates effective feedback and implementation
• Must have a strong background in concept development and direct response design, specifically in the digital space
• Has a portfolio that reflects strong design concepts, exceptional design sensibility and attention to detail, a sophisticated, clean aesthetic
• Must be able to communicate and exercise superior verbal and written skills as to how their art direction drives business objectives
• Has a passion for branding and the design + copy process
• Can work collaboratively in a team environment, and works well to trickle direction down to more junior team members
• Is self-directed, extremely organized and can oversee on multiple projects
• Has advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
• Has a Bachelor in Art and Design or equivalent from a 4-year University or College
• Has 7-10 years of work experience in this field with 3+ years working as an Art Director at an ad agency, web design firm, e-commerce company, retail/fashion house or design firm.