Sr. Copywriter - Salaried Opportunity!
Our client is one of the largest financial firms in the United States with over 16,000 financial advisors. Their internal creative agency manages the development and production of print, digital, and multi - media creative work, meetings and events.
This is an onsite position and you will be required to work onsite at the Aquent LA Office. You will report into the Aquent Studios Program Manager. The Senior Copywriter positions plays a key role in ensuring professional and high quality editorial content across a variety of marketing communications and campaigns that support our clients overall business goals. The Senior Copywriter produces conent for marketing materials, newsletters, presentations, press releases, multi-media, and other senior management communications. He or she also edits content from other team members, with the goal of providing advisors and other audiences with materials that are clear, in-depth and concise.
- Conceptualize, research, write, and edit copy for a broad range of marketing materials geared for financial advisors and their clients. These include brochures, flyers, postcards, newsletter articles, presentations and web content to support various marketing communication campaigns.
- Contribute content on a variety of investment and industry-related topics for various marketing materials
- Edit copy received from various business units, and transform content into professional, in-depth and easy to read materials
- Act as a writing and editing resource to the creative team to ensure highest quality and accuracy of materials produced.
- Work closely with the Program Manager & Creative Team, as needed, to conceptualize strategy, goals, key messages and gain pertinent background of a project or campaign prior to writing.
- Contribute to the team's efforts to ensure consistency in the company's "voice," key messages and editorial style.
- Help write and edit communication pieces from members of the client's executive management team, including letters and updates for financial advisors posted on the web.
- Maintain and implement client's Copywriting Style Guide
- Write press releases geared for a variety of audiences - e.g., general public, advisors, company clients etc.
- Write and edit employee brief document for distribution to staff prior to conferences. The brief contains updates on client key initiatives.
- Edit and proof marketing materials prior to printing/release to ensure that these are error-free, adhere to established standards, and uphold client professional image.
- Minimum 5-8 years of professional experience writing and editing copy for a brokerage or asset management company, or agency that services the financial advisor/retail investor audiences.
- Exceptional writing skills to help create a wide range of communication vehicles geared for various audiences
- Strong background in financial markets and investment concepts
- Demonstrated ability to capture complex ideas and express them in a clear, concise and engaging writing style
- Ability to incorporate feedback and ideas from team members
- Ability to work on multiple projects, while maintaining a high level of accuracy and meeting deadlines
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact with all levels of staff and management, as well as financial advisors
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Finance or equivalent work experience required
- Background in marketing communications preferred