Our Leading Personal Care Client is looking for a Production Services Associate!
Support Production Services and Marketing in Packaging Project Management. This position will interact with internal and external contacts in the areas of the Packaging artwork process including all aspects of print production and utilization of the Blue system.
• Ability to provide pre-production assessment of artwork layouts against specific print criteria, including the ability to conduct pre-production meetings with internal clients and external suppliers to effectively manage production requirements in print.
• Artwork is managed through the utilization of the Blue system. Creation of project templates in BLUE as required and the application of specific file format requirements for system use. Utilization and project inputs for filemaker database
• Manage all aspects of project timelines from initiation to project completion
• Ability to project manage initiatives and provide direction to on staff designer and production staff in the execution of layouts and mechanicals with the ability to communicate production requirements while maintaining an oversight to ensure brand standards and design aesthetics are maintained and optimized
• Press Approvals – attendance of press approvals as warranted or if required
• Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally.
• Ability to respond quickly within a fast paced environment.
• Must be highly detail oriented and process large amounts of details.
• Self-starter. Able to change priorities, maintain due dates and accuracy.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience in a print production environment with skills in project management. Consumer packaging experience is a strong preference
• Experience providing electronic mechanical art to printers—knowledge of pre-press requirements and print technology for off-set, flexo, screen printing, adhesive labels and plastic materials.
• Proficiency in a Mac environment, particularly with Adobe Creative Suite, including knowledge Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, with ability to direct designs in creative files for revised layouts and asset repurposing
• Computer skills (e.g. MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project,), Filemaker Pro a plus
• Knowledge of various software formats (PDF, JPEG, EPS, TIFF, BMP, GIF, Targa, PICT, etc.), appropriate application of each format, interaction between software programs and computer platforms, and requirements for internet graphics usage.
• Knowledge of offset and flexo printing requirements including color management. Background in or understanding of color transformations, trapping, dot gain, efficient layering of files, and max/min requirements of graphic elements.
• Minimum Required: BA or BFA from an accredited college in Graphic Design. Relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered but a degree is preferred.