We’re seeking a highly motivated entertainment & consumer communications professional to join the publicity team. We’re looking for an individual to work closely with our development and marketing teams to support their efforts in amplifying our project.
This is a highly strategic position for a motivated person who not only can drive high profile original content campaigns, but can also proactively build engaging programs geared towards people who use our platform. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working with entertainment, consumer and trade media, including broadcast, print, trade and blogs.
In addition, this role will also oversee our communications efforts with talent and producers. In this capacity, this individual will drive messaging around awareness for original content within the entertainment community, raise consumer awareness for content and educate the media about the progress we are making with shows.
We’re looking for a candidate who demonstrates the ability to drive proactive communications and is capable of working with cross functional groups to achieve maximum comms objectives. Exceptional written and verbal communications is key to success in this role, as well as the ability to take complex concepts and distill them into clear, easy to understand communications. Deep passion for social media, entertainment content, and consumer tech products is a must.
The position is a full-time position based in Los Angeles, California.
- Oversee day to day publicity
- Create, shape, execute, and manage publicity campaigns for shows, including broadcast, print, and online coverage
- Play a critical role in communication with talent, production companies, and core partners during production up to and beyond launch.
- Create cultural moments and high impact campaigns and explore new tactics for promoting shows
- Pitch media, secure opportunities for long and short lead press coverage
- Serve as a cross-functional partner to marketing, development, and partnerships teams
- Oversee show publicity agency
- 7+ years of experience in an in-house and or agency setting
- Extensive experience with a full linear and digital publicity cycle
- Experience managing a PR agency
- Experience working with public figures, show runners, and producers
- Oversee asset management including BTS photos, clips, set visits, and EPKs
- Be confident and creative in writing, capable of crafting nuanced consumer, industry, and executive messaging
- Relationships with key media across entertainment, film, digital, and television trades
- Has been involved in the awards campaign, strategy, and submission process for shows