Designer – with Design Research depth
Executes creating concepts, design, production for graphic user interface needs. Plans and conducts design research activities that inform product design and infuse insights into the work. Works closely with Design Director, design team and key partners to ensure quality output.
Facilitates and partners with team through the qualitative research process, inspiring a human-centered design approach and outcomes that serve the client by furthering their financial security.
Helps in determining the appropriate research methodologies, design and synthesis of research using insights to define the problem and establish criteria for making informed design decisions.
Executes concepts, wireframes and designs of integrated visual solutions.
Executes design concepts and/or prototypes for use in usability testing.
Applies mature knowledge of design principles; and develops knowledge of business objectives.
Collaborates with key stakeholders to ensure all executions fulfill requirements.
Ensures compliance with design, brand, legal and/or accessibility standards/requirements, as required.
May resolve design and technical issues through an understanding of the business and design principles.
Clearly articulates the various facets of the issue and leads the team to resolution.
Contributes to the alignment of member experiences across projects, programs, products and channels.
• Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of related design experience.
• 4 or more years of experience in advertising or digital design.
• 2 or more years of experience with design research activities including planning, moderation, analysis and synthesis, insight translation and communication of findings required.
• Fully proficient understanding of marketing/advertising and/or user experience and/or interactive design principles.
• Fully proficient skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch & Microsoft Office.
• Experience with user testing tools like Usertesting.com, User Zoom, Optimal Workshop.
• Experienced with InVision and other prototyping tools.
• Lover of Human-Centered Design practice
• Okay being heavy on product design verses visual design
• Stays on top of tech, design trends and is passionate for visual design
• Owns projects successes and failures
• Loves team collaboration and can hang with facilitating workshops
• Hungers to learn and experience new things and gets jazzed about design sprints
• Builds strong rapport across departments and inspires team
• Strong presentation skills and can confidently defend your work
• Gets excited about customer research and synthesizing it
• Understands the difference between Agile and Waterflow and that Agile isn’t just “faster”