We are looking for a passionate, driven Technical Lead to join the engineering team for one of our Fortune 500 CPG client’s in-house creative agency.
Their technologists work on a wide range of interesting and innovative projects including UX prototypes, smart speaker skills, mobile apps, and a WordPress CMS/e-com platform powering 40 responsive websites. Their team of 100+ designers, developers and project managers create world-class digital experiences, product packaging, and marketing campaigns.
The Technical Lead is responsible for managing all technical aspects of a project, interfacing with UX, Design, Project Management, and Product Owners. They develop the overall plan for a development project, contributing code as well as delegating programming tasks to other members of the team. They ensure standards are followed and enforce software quality through mentoring and code reviews. They follow the architecture defined by the Technical Architect to ensure solutions adhere to established development standards while considering security, performance, and accessibility implications. Teams consist of local and remote resources, so Technical Leads must be great planners and communicators. Ideally, they are fluent in Scrum methodologies, utilize task management tools, and embrace Agile principles to keep complex development projects on track across multiple work streams.
- Participate in development activities (50%)
- Write well-structured and accessible HTML and CSS.
- Manage teams, foster collaboration and help to increase the knowledge level of the team (30%)
- Research and share industry innovations and trends, continuously improve our expertise and processes
- Manage and collaborate with external development teams and vendor partners
- Collaborate closely across disciplines (UX, visual design, PM) and accurately report project status to leadership
- Estimate and plan development projects (20%)
- Analyze requirements, wireframes, and APIs of related applications to propose technical solutions
- Transform requirements into user stories and tasks, estimating the effort, and planning sprints, managing development
- 3+ years development experience
- Adept at interfacing directly with all stakeholders, including clients, tailoring communication to each audience
- Experience with test-driven and behavior-driven development methodologies and related testing frameworks and tools, leveraging SDLC principles and best practices
- Strong dedication to application performance, extensibility, code reuse, and simplicity
- Experience with PHP based CMS programss and application frameworks, especially Wordpress
- Experience with modern DevOps tools and techniques for orchestration and automation
- Experience with native mobile development a plus
- Passion for Scrum / Agile principles
- Established DevOps solutions, automated deployment processes, create development environments in fDocker
- Appreciate great UX and design, and thrive in a fun, creative environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of relevant experience IT/software
- industry (Master’s Degree would be a plus)