Copy edit a variety of learning deliverables including, but not limited to self-guided and instructor-led training.
Responsibilities (Include, But Not Limited To):
- Communicate with internal and external customers for the best possible product presentation.
- Read/analyze technical information for each new product, and any existing products, for presentation in catalog and Internet.
- Observe the product in use, examine it, and use it when possible, to gain understanding.
- Attend all meetings related to catalog and Internet production, taking good notes on product and process. Write for all products on assigned pages for each catalog and for the Internet.
- Adjust all products and other copy to meet the needs of customers, marketing, and management.
- Working knowledge of computers and aptitude to learn new programs.
- Track the progress of assigned pages throughout catalog process and track progress of products on Internet.
- Organize workload for efficient time-management.
- Meet multiple schedule deadlines on time.
- Write other types of documents such as news releases, letters of response, personal interviews, items for other departments, instruction manuals, etc.
- Read and maintain a library of current reference materials.
- Review copy using checklist and format copy according to department style guide.
- Check questionable details.
- Maintain accurate information in product files.
- Proofread and edit as necessary.
- Assist team leader and other copywriters as needed.
- Perform various clerical duties as needed.
- Consider laws governing copy such as registered and trademarked symbols, country of origin, and material construction.
Training and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty well. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Writing experience in advertising or related field preferred (not required).
- Experience working on the internet preferred (not required).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret all forms of information.
- Ability to write for a variety of media and audiences.
- Ability to conform writing to prescribed style format.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism.
- Must be well-organized.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be team-oriented, but able to work independently on occasion.
- Must demonstrate tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be efficient.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines (possibly working late hours and/or weekends as needed).