The UX writer plays a crucial role in this mission, crafting web and in-app copy along with transactional communications to seamlessly lead the customer through a successful, enjoyable online shopping experience.
What You’ll Do:
• Write brief, persuasive, on-task copy that engages users and facilitates understanding throughout the customer journey, e.g. homepage banners, header/subhead copy, CTAs, email, push, SMS, FAQ, etc.
• Use personas, mental models and customer insights to inform your copy
• Implement consistency in messaging across various departments or features, ensuring cohesive narratives while upholding brand voice and tone
• Adhere to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) in drafting and revising copy
• Proofread your work and the work of others
• Take stakeholder feedback into account, and propose alternatives as necessary
• Contribute to the team’s content repository
• Partner with content strategy and design in tracking and documenting the work flow; help build/refine a content tracking system to streamline our processes
What you’ll need:
• Familiarity with tenets of design research, interaction design and product design
• Growth mentality; receptive to feedback from stakeholders, peers and managers
• Self-motivation; able to work independently, but equally comfortable in a group environment, sharing your work with teammates
• Agility and adaptability – the priorities of an e-commerce business are ever changing
• Bachelor’s degree and 2–3 years of writing experience, preferably customer-facing in a tech, retail or e-commerce environment