- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Tammie Letroise-Brown
The mission of this project, is to bring a safe and seamless connected experience to every car. We are doing this by facilitating media, communication, navigation, and other scenarios for the driving experience. Our goal is to bring third-party apps and services to the car in a personalized way. We design and develop solutions for the car’s head unit, working closely with OEMs and third-party app developers to define the future of these car interfaces.
This UX team is looking for an Interaction Designer to help craft our user experience guidelines for our internal teams and external partners.
These guidelines will be critical in enabling our OEM and third-party partners to design and develop their car interfaces. They’re equally as important for our internal teams who depend on our guidelines and specifications when designing and building our products. You must be able to organize and visualize complex information across several locations in a simple and consistent manner. We're looking for someone to learn the technical and design context, and proactively drive development of these guidelines.
- Deliver detailed UX guidelines across several spec sites
- Enforce consistency across several spec sites
- Maintain the spec sites, ensuring all spec sites are kept up to date
- Work closely with IxD and VisD to make sure features are explained
- Collaborate and communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team
- BA/BS in Design (eg interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc.), HCI, CS, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Fluency with interaction and visual design tools, such as Sketch, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- 3-4 years of experience designing outstanding software-based products or apps
- Experience defining design systems that work across a product
- Experience documenting technical information
- Portfolios required
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines
- Experience in interfacing and collaborating with software engineers/developers
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationship
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: