- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tammie Letroise-Brown
Additional Role Description:
You think in pictures. You breathe simple, beautiful, surprising, and connective design. You have a portfolio of work that is both gorgeous in its intuition, and beautiful in its, well, beauty. You understand where humanity meets aesthetic, and pursue that intersection relentlessly and without hesitation. You enjoy finding new ways to visually communicate and tell a product story in simple, approachable, and human terms. You are a progressive, tech savvy, and big thinking designer who wants to help steward and extend the brand.
- Create and contribute to a great design team culture. Stay inspired and inspire the people around you.
- You'll collaborate with Design Managers and Writers to concept ideas, design, illustrate, and co-direct photography.
- Build compelling Google Slides presentation decks that knock people’s socks off.
- As a steward of your work, you’ll present to product marketing managers and creative leadership, pitching visual styles and concept designs for brand and product positioning alignment.
- Ensure creative concepts are on strategy by comping and developing creative ideas against merch and product objectives.
- Create and pull resource material for concepts and mood boards to clearly communicate ideas.
- Direct Photographers, Stylists, Producers, and Freelancers as needed.
- Demonstrate strong time management skills and correct use of resources.
- You'll work with Creative Producers and the Creative Lead to ensure that schedules are accurate and realistic (or kind of realistic) and that deadlines are met.
- BA or MFA degree in Design
- 5+ or more years of concept design experience
- Portfolio demonstrating strength in visual communication and conceptual graphic design thinking for environmental or retail design
- 8 or more years experience at world class design firm/agency working on iconic global retail brands
- Strong typography skills
- Advanced skill in Adobe’s creative suite and a portfolio of original and breakthrough ideas
- Smart, bold, and accessible sense of design
- Extreme attention to detail and consistency
- Highly organized and ability to balance multiple simultaneous projects Interest in world-changing leaps in technology, along with a healthy disrespect for the impossible
- Experience building presentation decks using Google Slides.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: