- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Courtney Schaefer
Aquent's client, a Fortune 500 multi-national tech company in New York, is seeking a Content Specialist for approx. 12 months or longer with pop culture or event editing and writing experience.
- Pop culture–savvy, experienced writer and editor to create and audit content across a wide range of verticals while supporting data operations and team managers.
- Successful candidates will be able to work well under deadline pressure and maintain a high level of quality while adhering to a well-defined editorial style.
- Candidates can expect a fast-paced, high-energy environment working on a team that delivers high-impact, dynamic content in a timely manner.
- Good communication skills and ease working in a content-management system are essential for this position.
- Candidates will be required to complete an editorial exercise to determine aptitude for the work.
* Superior editorial judgment and experience top-editing other writers
* Minimum BA in journalism or related fields
* Has extensive knowledge of multiple verticals, including current events, pop culture, and/or sports
* Has solid interviewing skills and experience interviewing public figures
* Experience working with large volumes of data and content at scale
* Ability to think aloud and work collaboratively/creatively
* Experience with multiple verticals, including news, sports, pop culture, entertainment
* Fast-paced newsroom experience
* Eagle eye for errors and inconsistencies
* Positive, enthusiastic attitude
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: