Our large financial services client located in Atlanta, is seeking an Instructional Designer for a 6 month contract position with potential for extension.
Top skills will be curriculum design, instruction design principles, ADDIE model, creating eLearning content.
• Break complex & lengthy concepts down into digestible, brand appropriate training collateral
• Read, understand, and correctly apply state regulations and departmental procedures to training programs and collateral
• Multi-task issues concurrently with ease and be able to adapt to changes in plans without a great deal of notice
• Evaluate a message or situation and determine appropriate communication method, messaging, and audience, such as: video, eLearning, micro learning, webinar, PDF copy, email, etc.
• Generate ideas and training materials to enhance the customer’s experience and support business objectives
• Master instructional design principles, applications, and technologies and serve as a consultant in the industry
• Concept, design, create, deliver and maintain effective and captivating training to stakeholders, including but not limited to: other trainers, internal employees and clients both in person and via webinar or on-demand materials
• Work alongside subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop and implement training and training materials. SMEs may include: product development, marketing, other trainers, clients
• Establish training content calendars for training programs and provide project management for projects with involved stakeholders
• Act as LMS admin for training events and materials
• Track and report on the success of training programs and materials, establishing ROI to business goals and measuring organizational KPIs
• curriculum design, instruction design principles, ADDIE model, creating eLearning content.
• Outstanding presentation skills with groups of all sizes
• Ability to work independently and within the teams; cross- functionally across teams and business units
• Must be an expert in using Microsoft PowerPoint, Articulate Storyline and/or other instructional design software to create interactive and engaging training materials, presentations and learning events
• Proficiency in Windows-based technology and the Microsoft Office suite of applications
• Must be able to learn new computer-based applications of varying complexity and then turn around and create training materials for those applications
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Instructional Design, Organizational Development, or a related field preferred.
• At least one year of communications experience is required, preferably in a large corporation
• At least one year of experience designing and delivering learning content through various channels, preferably in a large corporation
• At least 1 year of LMS use for training or serving within an admin function – WorkDay Learning experience a plus
• At least one year videography and/or graphic design skills a plus, but not required