AQUENT is partnering with a Fortune 200 organization in NYC to find a Sr. UX Designer for a contract to hire opportunity!? That’s why we’re looking for a systems-minded designer who is passionate about getting the right message to customers at the right time. But, above all, we’re looking for an extremely motivated thought partner who gets stuff done.
Some ways you might describe yourself:
You put the customer at the center of everything you do. You are driven to strengthen the customer relationship through empowerment, transparency and control, removing the inherent friction customers experience when signing up for and managing their banking relationship.
You have a knack for stepping back and looking beyond the immediate problem to see how it fits into the larger ecosystem—across channels, touchpoints, and platforms—and then diving in to nail the important details.
You clearly articulate intent and goals, and you know how to use data and research to back up your work. You’ll seek out analytics and research insights to help you make, support, and iterate on design decisions, all so we constantly get better at getting better.
You’re as much an individual contributor as a team player. You circle back to make sure the whole team is on board before making big decisions. You think about the team, the product, and the customer all as parts of your work.
Confident But Humble
You’ll teach the team what you know, but also be humble enough to learn from others. You share ideas early and often to get buy-in from stakeholders. You understand the importance of making stakeholders and business partners feel included in the process.
- Work collaboratively with product managers, tech teams and other designers
- Own, drive, and present bodies of experience design to stakeholders across disciplines
- Deliver superior creative and innovative products across digital experiences
- Have familiarity and skills across the design spectrum from research to iteration and implementation
- Execute proper and innovative work for digital products
- Tell the story of our customers, their problems, and how the team developed solutions to those problems
A typical week in this role might look like:
- Working with Product Managers to define and prioritize their near- and long-term goals
- Joining sprint planning with product management and tech teams to prioritize the implementation of new designs and features
- Conducting field research or leading a service blueprinting workshop with a range of stakeholders
- Participating in empathy interviews or user testing as we iterate and bring new functionality to scale; synthesize and raise insights to create a path forward
- Designing or giving input on anything from wireframes, to app flows, to physical experience designs
- Catching up with one of our business analysts to better understand the business cases for the team’s workload
- Joining 400+ designers across the organization for a lunch and learn session every Thursday
- Leading, shaping, guiding, and mentoring other designers in their work— including everything from empathy research to pixel perfect designs, while helping to remove obstacles
- Reporting in to design management on progress of work, vision, roadmap, and resourcing needs
At least 5 years of experience with user experience design, including UX/UI
At least 5 years of experience creating prototypes at various levels of fidelity with standard digital design tools