This American multinational e-commerce corporation based in San Jose, California that facilitates consumer-to-consumer and business-to-consumer sales through its website is looking for a talented Video Producer and Multi-Media Director.
This person will join the global communications creative team to develop and drive a wide array of visual projects from short animated clips to product IRLs to major event videos. This person work across the communications function on a diverse set of projects that impact company reputation and help drive our narrative.
This role requires innovative storytelling skills and a visually-oriented mind. We are looking for experience in creating compelling content using succinct storytelling with a distinct visual identity. Extensive knowledge in video production and post production are essential. Candidates should have experience with live action and motion graphics. Flexibility and speed are key. Things move very fast here. Candidates should also have an understanding of current technology and be able to manage a project from beginning to end.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also required. The ideal candidate will have the confidence and experience working with senior level executives, including the CEO.
Our teams are highly collaborative at a global level so candidates must be versatile in working with people in different job functions (example: technical and non-technical). Additionally, candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to solve problems with a cross-functional mindset. This role entails someone who can deliver high-quality work on tight details and have the ability to adapt within a fluid company.
This is a full-time contract position located at our headquarters in San Jose, California. No remote workers, please. Travel will be limited to 3-4 US trips per year.
• Develop, script, produce, and edit sharable motion picture content.
• Create video content for major All Hands, external events, social media and employee engagement programs.
• Create pitches and concepts for upcoming projects.
• Technical storytelling, visualize data and abstract ideas.
• Work cross-functionally across multiple departments.
• Research and package content from internal and external resources to develop engaging stories & narratives.
• Create podcasts
• Add channels and next generation multi-media capabilities to ensure relevance and keep pace with a challenging competitive set.
• Strong collaboration with the Communications Creative Services team including visual design and editorial.
• Innate recognize opportunities where high quality video content can amplify existing programs.
• Organize and store content created across the comms function for future use and is easily leverageable on a global basis.
• Bachelors Degree in Film, Arts and/or equivalent experience in film/video production
• 8+ years of work experience within the industry
• Experience with onsite film production, motion graphics, video editing, and audio editing
• Experience driving projects from beginning to end - from creative to final delivery
• Experience managing a budget on a project and annual basis
• Knowledge in video production and post-production
• A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work
• Experience working at a technology company
• Experience working at a creative agency
• Experience managing programs working directly with the most senior leadership team of the company.