AQUENT is seeking a Lead UX Researcher / Service Designer for a leading, fortune 500 financial services client. As Lead UX Researcher / Service Designer you’ll work in a multidisciplinary team to deliver word-class, human-centered products and services. The ideal Researcher / Designer will have a mix of agency and corporate environment experience. This is a Senior role looking for at least 8 years in service design, user research, or UX design.
This role is focused on user research, usability testing and information architecture. This company is transitioning away from being just a "transactionally " focused organization & shifting towards how to become more integrated in their customers lives by offering different products, services, information & even education to their customers. The UX Researcher / Service Designer will help identify opportunities for improvement & enhance both internal design systems and customer experiences.
***This role is a contract to potential hire opportunity and requires being onsite with our client 40 hours a week in Newark, NJ.*** For quick apply, send your portfolio directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Service Designer Required skills:
- A portfolio that shows case studies of executed service design work
- 8+ years in a service design, research or equivalent experience design role
- Combination of agency and corporate environment
- Solid understanding of Information Architecture, taxonomy, language and content matrixes
- Experience running design workshops and planning sessions with multiple business units
- Mature and seasoned experience with the following:
- Experience / Journey Mapping
- Card Sorting
- Focus Group
- Anthropology & Ethnography
- User Testing
- Experience Strategy
- Workshop Facilitation
- Demonstrable experience of how to interpret qualitative and quantitate research
- Demonstrable experience of preplanning user testing best practices and approaches
Service Designer day to day:
- Analyze failure within experiences and identify root causes for that failure
- Diplomatically advocate for best CX practices.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction and improvement within an existing service
- Understand customer needs and identify where separate interactions should come together as one that meets that need
- Arrange these separate interactions into rational customer journeys and experience maps within that service
- Look for commonalities in activities across experiences where product opportunities could be realized
- Understand the core Human Centered Design framework of an experience and recommend targeted improvements to that framework that accommodates new and improved process refinements
- Ability to create and test interactive prototypes in accordance with task, scenario and journey
- Identify and design new cross-functional design patterns and standards
- Collaborating on designs with developers
- Put forward new cases for designs improvements with product managers
- Communicate with detailed research and industry backed decisions representing all experience touch- points