*****This is not a UX/UI design or UX research position, although a baseline knowledge of UX best practices is required.
The Retail Employee Experience team seeks a passionate, collaborative, and outgoing candidate to join our fast-paced group. As an EX driven Strategist, you will be responsible for bringing recommendations and data to life through visual storytelling/graphics, as well as executing strategic oriented research for a cross-functional large-scale initiative. Our team champions a human-centered philosophy and process grounded in 3 core competencies: Research, Experience Strategy and Conceptual Design. You will have strong attention to detail and be able to interact across many executive level stakeholders and teams across the enterprise.
Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for:
• Understand the customer, the employee, the business, and the external environment
• Describe the problem space & identify opportunities
• Facilitate ideation with field employees and business leaders
• Craft a vision for the future experience
• Create design concepts
• Prioritize concepts & explore concept viability
• Help transition concepts to implementation teams and provide ongoing consultation
• Gather employee and business input throughout the process
• Able to work within a multi-person research/strategy team
• Able to effectively plan and execute a variety of research studies such as ethnographies, contextual interviews, and usability testing
Ability to translate research findings into EX recommendations such as process flows, journey maps, personas, and high-fidelity designs. This is a strategic/research position where the final output of research and strategy recommendation is imperative to be clean and professional.
Collaboration is at the center of how we develop strategic experiences and you will be able to hold conversations with, and present to, researchers, strategists, business stakeholders, and executives. You should also be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and change direction as needed.
What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for in a candidate?
• 5+ years of professional experience in understanding, empathizing with and advocating for customers/employees and transforming that understanding into solutions that balance end-user needs, business objectives, operational/technical vision, and brand direction
• 5+ years of physical and/or digital product design experience
• 2+ years of communicating and working closely with cross-functional team members to guide and foster strategy into implementation
• 1+ years executing research studies
Must have a portfolio of work, including visual design, experience briefs or
examples showing the ability to visually tell compelling stories/conceptualizations
• Bachelors degree in Graphic Design, Multimedia, Information Architecture, Communication, Psychology, Marketing, Journalism, Human-Computer Interaction, Instructional or Graphic Design, related field or equivalent industry experience
- CUA or NNG certification.
- Experience with remote research tools such as Optimal Workshop.
What are the technologies and the depth of the technologies that a candidate must have in order to be successful in this role?
- 5+ years Illustrator or illustration abilities using other digital means
- 3+ years Sketch or Photoshop
- MS Powerpoint
- MS Excel
What are the soft skills that you feel the candidate’s must-have in order to be successful in this role?
The ideal candidate will be exceptional in his/her communication at all levels and will be a role model for collaborating with partners, leadership in the role and creating sustainable partnerships internally and externally. The most successful candidate will be someone who embraces the value partners bring to the Experience Design space, is forward-thinking, progressive, understands the retail world and has a past track record of significant accomplishments in Experience Design, specifically in Design Research.
Please provide three industries that would produce fitting candidates: