Aquent IT Solutions – Where Vision Becomes Realty
This position requires onsite work in the Quad Cities area of Illinois. Relocation assistance, visa sponsorship and visa transfer available. Learn about our region here.
Join Aquent as a Senior DevOps Engineer and lead the definition and optimization of our growing DevOps practice! This position requires super problem-solving ability with experience building pipelines, cloud architecture, scripting and automation.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with project managers and developers to design, deploy and support applications in cloud environments such as AWS.
- Consult directly with clients on best practices and architecture requirements
- Understand complex client processes and optimize Aquent’s delivery to satisfy those requirements
- As a leader in the organization, mentor other DevOps engineers and establish best practices to build a scalable delivery team
- Maintain multiple accounts in Aquent’s AWS and work with developers to effectively leverage them
- Design and monitor application error and performance logging to help teams troubleshoot problems
- Provide insight and guidance into Aquent DevOps business strategy
The following is required for success in this role:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team mentality and ability to work effectively with development teams, project managers and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience with:
- Advanced shell scripting in Bash/Linux and a basic understanding of Python.
- AWS Services and Automation
- CLI tools
- IAM roles and policies
- Networking, load balancing and auto-scaling
- EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Cloudfront, API Gateway, RDS, Elasticache, ECS
- Jenkins and CodeBuild
- Git / Github
- CI/CD Workflow
Valuable, but not required:
Relevant AWS Certification, OpenStack, Kubernetes, Azure, Java, Maven, Node, AppDynamics, Microservice architecture, Redis, Terraform
Why Aquent IT Solutions?
Aquent IT Solutions operates a mission-critical application development center and consulting firm headquartered in East Moline, IL in the Quad Cities. We offer challenging opportunities in front-end and back-end web application development, UX design, project management, business analysis, business intelligence, big data, and more. We have an engaging work environment, a diverse and comfortable community of affordable living, minimal commuting, quality education, and great entertainment. As a credit to our corporate culture, many Aquent IT Solutions employees are in their second decade of employment with our company.
If you’d like to be part of a growing organization and are looking for a unique opportunity, please apply.