The Video & Content Writer will create content in a collaborative production environment. You are adept at concepting and executing on fresh, conversational copy that converts. You are well-versed in both advertorial and editorial writing, able to flex your voice to fit the target audience and business objective across channels. You’re also an avid consumer of culture, and familiar with beauty, lifestyle, retail and women’s issues.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Editorial Manager and Video Manager to concept, storyboard and write for video content and associated copy
- Be immersed in the latest best practices for beauty, retail, digital & content marketing, and social media
- Build cross-functional relationships and interact with creative, e-commerce, social, and brand marketing teams
- Make quick-turn edits and adjust the storytelling and copy as needed based on creative and business feedback
- Diversify the voice and tone depending on customer segment and content assortment
- Be the go-to copywriter for special projects (mobile app, UX, digital promos)
- Manage projects and workflows and be a self-starter
- Contribute to and update style guides
- Assist copywriting team with projects as needed that cover print and digital needs
- Remain current and informed on best practices and latest industry and lifestyle trends
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- BA in English, Journalism, Communications or Advertising
- 4-6 years copywriting experience with a background in writing for digital and retail
- Experience in agencies, in-house content studios, or magazines a plus
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize strategic messages into consumer-friendly copy
- Ability to receive and respond to feedback in order to pivot when necessary
Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlineAquent's dynamic client is looking for a Copywriter who would work on a variety of projects, focusing on video storyboarding, social media, possibly some UX work.
This talent will work with the video manager, to help with storyboarding, concepting videos that will go on YouTube, Social, etc.
This candidate must know how to "package" stories, and it would help to have an editorial mindset or have past content writer experience.
This postiion could also work on other promotional digital pieces.
Candidate must have agency experience and omni channel experience!
More details forthcoming.