The software prototype Designer will have the responsibility to prototype and explore new experiences in products and services. The individual will own the responsibility for defining, building, and iterating the design, and features for the team. Strong understanding of technology, the process of design and engineering, plus a keen sense to advocate for the product is required.
• Ability to work on projects where objectives, deliverables, constraints, and timelines are ambiguous
• Experience in collaborating with designers and technical experts across disciplines
• Experience in building tools, frameworks, and user-facing applications
• Expert in design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator.
• Design user interfaces and flows that demonstrate a high level of thoughtfulness about the holistic product experience. Explore ideas at high-fidelity from initial concept to a series of pragmatic design deliveries. Provide solutions for the ideal case, edge cases and transitional states in your work.
• Deliver on delighting the user and focusing on user value. Balance our design principles with our company goals and find creative ways to embody them in your work.
• Work collaboratively with product and engineering on design and solicit input throughout the journey. Actively engaging them in concept development, iteration, delivery and implementation quality is a key part of this role.
Education & Experience:
• BA/BFA/BS or equivalent 4-year degree (or higher)
• Minimum 3 years of experience working directly with engineers and designers in a product design role
• You possess strong visual and user interface design skills, as well as user-centered design principles. While exercising a good eye for aesthetics, you are able to grasp and distill highly complex issues and translate them into clean, focused, understandable solutions.
• You have an affinity for consistency, color-use, typography, and a keen eye for subtle details. You know when to push the boundaries of the interface guidelines. The details matter, and you are committed to getting it done right.
• You can craft and deliver high-level user stories, UX flows, wireframes, prototypes, design mockups, specs, and production assets.
• You share your design thinking by stating upfront the design goals and user flows you are solving for. You convey your opinions to peers respectfully, candidly, and with clear expertise.
• You are the voice that always puts the user first. You constantly look for ways that we can accomplish our objectives through experiences that are enjoyable and meaningful for real people.
• You possess a natural tendency to take initiative and own projects. You learn through critiques and are tenacious in the face of adversity, knowing that aiming stubbornness at a challenge (while holding onto humility) will result in a great outcome.
• You are consistently looking to develop new skills, adopt new tools, and continuously hone your craft to stay on the cutting edge of product design.