Our large financial services client in Hartford, CT is seeking a UX Designer who balances between UX research and interaction design. This is a 6 month contract assignment with potential for extension or possibly perm conversion.
The person in this role will participate in research, design and usability testing in the creation of user-centered applications and websites. This individual will collaborate with technology, business areas and execution teams to deliver effective, efficient and desirable solutions that enable to the business to meet its goals.
This role is a balance between the UX fields of research and interaction design. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to:
* Create prototypes / mock up interaction designs, including user interaction models, wireframes and screen flows that match user expectations, technical capabilities and business goals. Direct to consumer web design experience is desired. Must be proficient in the creation of prototypes in Sketch and Invision (other prototyping tool experience is acceptable, for example Balsamiq or Axure).
* Conduct behavioral user research to help inform the design and delivery of effective user experiences.
* Create protocols and conduct usability testing to identify issues and opportunities for improvements.
* Work closely with developers, business analysts and business owners to effectively communicate user behavior research, design decisions and usability study findings.
* Be an effective and conscientious user advocate.
*The primary project that this position would support involves designing a reporting application and visualizations of complex data.
- Direct to consumer web design experience is desired.
- Must be proficient in the creation of prototypes in Sketch and Invision (other prototyping tool experience is acceptable, for example Balsamiq or Axure).