- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Heather Farrin
This team's mission is to empower people through education. We do this by creating a seamless learning journey that delivers the right education, to the right person in the right easy to find location so they can learn new skills across our platforms and achieve their goals (personal or professional). The education is self-paced with over 80 courses in 14 different languages that help individuals learn more about social media and more.
We are looking for a Copywriter with a background in developing copy who is a concise story teller that can take something complex in nature and distill it into a single minded story that resonates and drives audiences to action, changes hearts, & mind. We’re looking for a creative problem solver who is passionate about making the detail of our content, programs, and brand feel human and authentic. You must be comfortable working across many media (social, email, web, video) and being able to work across a range of projects - from marketing to education centric initiatives to internal facing copy development support. You're a conceptual thinker and storyteller who can bring your ideas to life in new and inspiring ways. You have a high level of craft when writing for a brand through short form and long for scripts, product copy, and tone of voice. You are comfortable working with a range of teams (marketing, content, certification, platforms) who have different needs and objectives
- A strong understanding of how writing and conceptual ideas can be used to tell a story on behalf of a brand and within a product. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Communicate complicated sometimes technical educational content in a clear, concise, creative, & engaging ways to non-technical audiences that translates the brand's core identity into the right call to action
- Work collaboratively across the various cross-functional team (marketing, strategy, certification & assessments, content)
- Work autonomously, with little hand-holding
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggle, and prioritize multiple projects at once, and turn things around quickly, sometimes within a few hours.
- Knowledge of the range of media channels, digital marketing, production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Interpret copywriting briefs to understand project requirements
- Proven experience as a copywriter or related role
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- A passion and interest in product storytelling and project strategy
- 5+ years experience at agency/in-house concepting and writing copy for global brands or writing custom content at a publishing company.
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work (include link on your resume)
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- BS/BA in marketing, English, journalism, or related field
- Experience working with SEO - understand SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach
- Experience crafting writing in the education categories
- BA/BS degree with strong academic background or equivalent experience.
This TOP social media company, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem solving mode
- Take part in global internal conversations that are happening with stakeholders, wherever they may be located, who are the best at what they do
Please include portfolio or work samples and ensure full legal name is on resume.