You have a talent for clarifying complex jargon infested stuff and producing clear, concise, and engaging content. You’ll create content for our platform, which is the world’s leading low code app dev platform product. Hundreds of thousands of customers build apps to empower employees and engage customers on the Lightning Platform. Your audiences will be CIOs, IT Leaders, and business executives. You’ll collaborate closely with product marketing managers, content strategists, and product managers in the US.
You already know, from years of experience, that being a technical writer involves:
* Asking plenty of questions so you understand not just how something works, but why it matters to the people using it.
* Serving as the voice of our customers and figuring out the best way to get them the information they need when and where they need it.
* Digging into the stuff you’re writing about so you understand not just how it works, but why it matters to the people using it.
* Writing in the style that is most suitable for its audience.
Our ideal team member:
* Has the flexibility and openness to adopt our team's style, processes, and practices, but isn't afraid to suggest improvements that will benefit our team.
* Enjoys working closely as part of a team, has the people and communication skills to do that well, and can carve out focused time in a busy day to get work done independently.
* Is comfortable participating in cross-functional team meetings, at times dealing with the challenges of time zones.
* Enjoys digging into technology and troubleshooting issues independently.
* Is persistent, and creative when it’s necessary, about getting the information needed to get the job done.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field or an English degree
* Superb English writing skills
* 7 years of experience with content writing and editing for technology products
* Superb web copy writing skills
* Ability to work on multiple projects at once
* Ability to learn new technologies quickly
* Great people and communication skills
* Focus on quality and details
* Strong team player
* Experience writing for publications
* Understanding and curiosity for key technology trends such as platform as a service, AI, blockchain, mobile technologies, and more