Large Media and Entertainment client in DC is seeking a Senior Designer to join their team. This is a temporary role slated to go through November, but could extend.
- Work closely with Design Director, Children’s books and with editors to develop and/or maintain concept, content, and visual approach of various publications, primarily single title trade books and large reference programs.
- Stay abreast of trends and new techniques being utilized in the industry, and incorporate those elements into each project's design to keep them current with (and even ahead of) the times.
- Work with the marketing and editorial departments to provide visual materials for promotion and advertising and consult on design and art direction.
- Work with Manufacturing to assure accurate color reproduction quality, being mindful of schedules and budgets and to effect the most cost-effective and productive approaches to design and manufacturing situations
- Work with Design Director, Children’s books to help editors determine art budgets for book titles.
- Other duties for various Education and Children's Media projects as assigned.
- Experience in publishing design, with Children's book publishing preferred
- Experience working in PhotoShop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Proficient in MS Office
- Able to work cross-functionally and within teams