UX Designers in San Antonio - A Fortune 500 financial services operation is looking for a seasoned user experience designer for a contract-to-hire assignment. This individual will thrive in a work environment requiring strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, paired with clear communication and team collaboration. The ideal candidate will be responsible for product design areas including responsive mobile and web application design, user testing, and customer-facing product experiences. This involves application of HCD best practices and tools to translate user needs, business objectives, and leveraging of UX/UI design into world-class desirable, valuable, feasible user experiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create journey maps, user flows, wireframes and interactive, responsive prototypes
- Work closely with product management to validate requirements
- Collaborate in usability reviews of prototypes for online usability tests (Userzoom.com, etc.).
- Develop and present user experience recommendations to stakeholders
- Design and drive implementation of new user-interface utilities
- Work with web development teams to implement UX designs
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of new technologies and best practices in mobile and dot.com navigation, browsers, information architecture and usability.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Able to work independently and in teams.
- Able to organize and prioritize work; manage projects from brief to delivery.
- Able to work on multiple projects and consistently deliver work on deadline.
- Experience managing to multiple perspectives; desire to understand other people’s passions, experiences, and feelings.
- 5-7+ years of solid, on-the-job experience as a researcher, interaction and/or UX Designer delivering eCommerce and/or complex transactional mobile and web-based experiences.
- Candidates must be versed in user-centered design (UCD) methods and techniques, with proven ability to understand target users and deliver appropriate experiences.
- Must understand design constraints such as browser capabilities, media types, platform differences, and operating systems.
- Experience designing UIs for mobile applications (iOS, Android, Google, etc.).
- Highly motivated, engaging, able to work effectively within a team environment, and will stretch to deliver results on time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, management skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of test methodologies such as card sorting, A/B, charrettes, facilitated brainstorming, moderated focus groups, heuristic evaluation, 1:1 interviews, participatory design sessions, web-based surveys etc.
- Demonstrated expertise of working fluently in standard applications (for Mac), including Adobe CS, Sketch (including Measure, PDF Export, Stark plug-ins), InVision, MS Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience in and practice of ADA, 508, and W3C (AA) compliance standards and best practices